duminică, 21 martie 2010

Belarus Odyssey ( part 1)


I was about leaving my hometown when a funny thing happened , I was already in the moving train when my father called me and said that I have the keys to the apartment , I looked after them and of course they were in my jacket , I ran to the trains door and opened it , and throw them outside . It was good that we were still in the city borders. After 20 minutes he calls me back and says that they were found.

I was preparing myself for the 38 hour trip so I didn´t have much sleep the night before , trying to stay awake and sleep as much as possible during the way. Near my compartiment there were two Bulgarians who were heading to Minsk for a 3 month course. That was the thing that saved me , somehow. I knew about Romanian hospitality but not about our fellow neighbors , it was proved that they are really good , in fact all our Balkans are more or less the same. The boy had ´´rakia´´ and I had some wine from Bacau , some Romanian meatballs and some Bulgarian ¨sugiuk¨ and I didn´t realized how fast we already got to our destination.

At the border a dog entered and sniffed my stuff , It was so fun and I ran after him to make a photo , but the guy who was with him disagreed that and approached me to erase it, luckily that my display isn´t working and I still got that .

My first contact with the Russian culture was the big city at the border of Belarus , Gomel. We had to stay here 2 hours to wait another garniture to come , plenty of time to see around and visit a bit. I was surprised to see Lenin statue lying in the main city square and the railstation , but later on I found that this will be a really common situation. On our way back to the train I was amazed and intrigued to find out that none of the young people approached on the streets couldn´t understand English , some of them didn´t even stopped to hear what I am about to say.



Once arrived in the rail station my host Olea and two of her friends waited for me there , it was a nice surprise because after that we bought some local drinks and have a little party. They were really crazy and they made my and Coada´s jokes look really soft. Even though one of them was an software programmer (Sasha) and the other teacher at the university(Dan´ila).


The first day in Minsk was nice , I walked along the main street for the whole day and noticed that Minsk is a great student city and even though the temperature was below 0 , there were a lot of nice girls with really short skirts , things that I haven´t seen so far in Ukraine for example . I got lucky with a girl from CS who showed me around and her friend , it was a long and relaxing day. One funny thing is that in my first day there I´ve met two of my hosts on the street without knowing, Olea , and then in the evening when I was about to return Ksiu.

In front of the monument of heroes in city center , Minsk.

Oksana and her friend Olea, with a church in Minsk.

These party guys and my bed , over there in the back J


Minsk stadium and the market , all round the stadium is a big market , like Bacau’s “piata “. Also there is a huge statue on top.

Minsk's wheel !

Pitipoance de Belarus ..





Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu