miercuri, 7 aprilie 2010

Krivoy Rog and Easter



As you know the holiday of Easter just finished , this year I had celebrated it in Ukraine in a town named Krivoy Rog , maybe you do not know nothing about it but it is a big city and it used to be or still is one of the pilons of ukranian economy. It has 700.000 inhabitats and it is the longest city in Europe , yeah you got it right , measuring 126 km from north to south . I heard this from many people but I wanted to see that with my own eyes , so in Saturday morning I left for it accepting the invitation of 2 friends of mine from Kiev , the sisters Antonina and Galia .





A former gym transformed now in a church






A formar supermarket transformed in a church





A city as big as Krivoy Rog , has just 6 churches , from whom 2 of them were rebuild and made out of a gym and a formal market. Not to say about Dnipro , city bigger than 1 million having just a couple of churches , you could count them just with the fingers from one hand , less than Tirgoviste having on a whole street.







What can I say about the Easter , it is different for sure , I thought that Russian and ukrainian people are more religious because that is the stereotype that television gives you , but I must say that is not even close to it-


Even though I liked their tradition of going to the church in early morning with the basket full of goods that are waiting to be baptized . I have noticed that the holliday in fact is not a really big thing for them , some of the young people didn´t even bother going home to spend some time with their family and the some shops remained opened during the 2 day holliday that they had.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu